What is 'WIN Time'?
Have you heard about any schools using 'WIN' time? WIN stands for 'What I Need' and this embodies the purpose of this time period. 'WIN time' is a flexible period of time many schools have added to their schedule to provide extra help or enrichment opportunities for their students. Is your school using or considering using a program like WIN time? How can you manage this time? How can you get the most out of it?
Manage & Organize WIN time
Make WIN time meaningful, organized learning experiences for students.
- Schedule and assign students to specific activity periods in just a few clicks!
- Keep track of where students are going, and take attendance
- Override or lock appointments with students if needed
- Schedule a group of students to one activity period
- Schedule student for one day, or a repeating range of dates
- Use reporting and analysis tools to see how and staff students are using their activity period
Learn more about the features our student scheduling software and how it can make your WIN Time a huge success.
Give Students Personalized Learning Choices
Give students voice and choice in your school by allowing them to make personalized learning choices during WIN time. Here are some ways you can do that:
- Create custom course offerings for students
- Use your activity period for a Genius Hour and/or STEM program
- Give students time to pursue project-based learning
- Enable students to schedule themselves to see teachers of their choice
- Provide students with the social-emotional help they need
How can you successfully implmement WIN time? Another term for this type of flexible, intervention and enrichment based time period is a 'flex block.' Watch our video 'How Can You Create a Flex Block?' to see how schools have made minor adjustments to their schedule to make this work. In addition 'Why Create a Flex Block?' gives examples of success from real schools that have a daily flex block.